It’s the time of year that seems to sneak up on us Minnesotan’s. We know it’s coming but we’re in denial, well at least until the first major snow storm dumps a load on our roads and sidewalks. Along with the change of the season and first snowfall comes Thanksgiving, a day to count our blessings and be thankful. Here’s an informative link on how the first Thanksgiving came about. Today, Americans celebrate the bounty of the fall harvest by feasting on turkey and side dishes while enjoying the merriment of friends and family. It’s also a time to take a moment to reflect on all we have to be thankful for. So today, I’m sharing with you my Top Ten Things to be Thankful For This Thanksgiving….
10. I’m thankful for the men and women who serve our community in roles that keep us safe. Stop and take a moment this holiday season to thank them for the selfless work they do on our behalf. Also remember to thank those bell ringers, if you’re in a cold climate offer to buy them a cup of coffee to keep them warm as they volunteer their time throughout the holidays.
9. I’m thankful for the people who have influenced my life. To those who have acted as mentors in my journey. To my dad for watching over me and guiding me from above and to my auntie mom for her never-ending, unconditional love. I’m also thankful to those who taught me tough lessons which helped me discover the power of resilience with in me. I’ve found that the harder the lesson, the more potential there is for personal growth.
8. I’m thankful for my job and the great company I work for. It’s so much more than a “job”. It provides me the opportunity to reach personal and professional achievements while challenging me each and every day. I have great benefits and am recognized and rewarded for my hard work.
7. I’m thankful for food. Not only does it offer nutrition to my body, it provides me the ability to exercise my need to be creative with the dishes I serve my family and friends. There’s nothing more satisfying than to gather around a table to enjoy conversation and laughter while dining on a decadent meal. Bon Appetit!
6. I’m thankful for the time shared with my daughter in Paris this year. Not only did I get to have her all to myself for 10 days, we got to explore a city and a country we both dreamed of from afar for over a decade. It wasn’t a once in a lifetime trip, it was a trip we will definitely go on again together one day.
5. I’m thankful for my faithful blog followers. Without you my efforts would be for nothing. Your comments on how I inspire your life truly humbles me, thank you!
4. I’m thankful to have so many dear friends. Some of these friendships have developed over a span of 4o years and I really, truly appreciate our deep conversations and on-going support we offer each other. Cherish your true friends and be thankful they are a part of your life.
3. I’m thankful for opportunities that make me grow. I joined my cousin at her chemotherapy treatment this week as she battles breast cancer, the courage and grace she demonstrated throughout the day with her fellow warriors was an example of how she has conducted her life, always putting others needs before her own.
2. I’m thankful for my little family. My daughter, son-in-law and my two beautiful grandchildren. How lucky am I that they live within just a few miles from me.
1. Our military women, men and their families. These brave men and women risk their lives daily to save the lives of others. How can we not be grateful for them? We are so lucky to have the freedom we do in our country, there are so many people who have fought to ensure that freedom for us, this is something we should be forever grateful for.
Whether you’re staying home for Thanksgiving or traveling over the river and through the woods, please take a moment to give thought to all of the things in your life you have to be thankful for and how truly blessed you are.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Please feel free to share a comment on what you’re thankful for….
[shareprints gallery_id=”3894″ gallery_type=”squares” gallery_position=”pos_center” gallery_width=”width_70″ image_size=”large” image_padding=”0″ theme=”dark” image_hover=”false” lightbox_type=”slide” titles=”true” captions=”true” descriptions=”true” comments=”true” sharing=”true”]